Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Black Pindot Tunic

So who's sewing? I am! This is my second tunic using Amy Butler's mini dress/tunic pattern. This time I skipped a few steps to make my work easier. First, I skipped pleats on the shoulders and didn't make pockets . And like my first one, I replaced the zipper with loops and buttons.

Sorry for the wavy lines on the dress. It is impossible to get a decent picture with dot prints.

I crocheted these loops out of a vintage ecru thread. I love the delicate nostalgic look with the vintage milky buttons.

1 comment:

  1. Amy Butler actually uses a similar back closure on her "Anna" tunic with four buttons. A little hiding spot for a few special buttons at the back, cute with the little loop closures. With that tunic, you sew a narrow tube a few inches long, then cut and sew the loops with the back facing. Less fussy than a zipper !

    ReplyDelete