Friday, February 12, 2010

A Little Heart-Warming Day

An old friend of mine surprised me by showing up at the shop yesterday. It's been more than 10 years since the last time I saw him. I didn't recognize him at first. He looked like one of the guys who would come in and ask me a non-fabric related questions. Very strange questions most of the time. So I just thought he was one of them (sorry), but he had a smile on his face. You know that kinda smile...to see an old friend for the first time in years. Yeah, that's exactly what it was. Then I saw him! He was the nicest and sweetest person among my husband's friends. Many things happened in the past, and talking about old friends and times makes me a bit emotional, but it was soooo good to see him. He looked the same, but had a more matured look. One thing for sure is we both got older :-) Hi Chad! Hi Pam! Glad that you are sewing :-)

And, at night, I sold my vintage granny love chair to a girl and her husband. She liked it, but their car wasn't big enough to take it home. I had some other potential buyers in a line, but couldn't say "too bad, next!" She looked disappointed. I felt bad, so I offered a delivery with my small SUV. It was 9pm, and yes, I was tired. And more importantly, I would loose my second best parking spot. A huge deal around here. Oh well, she liked my loving chair. She will take good care of it. I could tell. She didn't have an extra $5 for delivery, but I didn't care. We crossed the city line and arrived at the young married couple's apartment. She and her husband came out of the car and gave me a bouquet of yellow gerbera (my second favorite flower after daisy). And she couldn't help but to give me a hug. They were happy. It was a wet night, but I felt warm on the way home.

my loving granny love chair a few years ago...loved it and will continue to be loved by the new owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment