Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Elmo and Happy Doll Quilt

My doll quilt is done! I hand quilted in diagonal and chose yellow Kona cotton for biding. I just love this happy color. I was going to show you how to bind with a double folded bias tape and do corners, but I just couldn't stop in the middle of it to take pictures. Sorry maybe next time... I looked around the house for a right figure for a photo shoot, and here he is. My son's Elmo! He still has his very first teddy bear from a baby shower, named Teddy. Shhhh, don't tell him that I revealed this.

Elmo looks pretty content, no?

After finishing the quilt, I knew I had to make a doll figure, not a furry monster to play with. I drafted a doll pattern millions of times, and this is what I came up with. Um, it doesn't look so promising...maybe I should go look for a well balanced body figured pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment