Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On a Chilly Morning...

Brr...it was a chilly morning here. But, it was beautiful. The morning you appreciate sunlight at every corner of your home more than ever. Our living room faces East, so we get tons of light in the morning if not foggy. And it is my favorite time of the day. Earlier the better. In the morning sun light, I noticed toys on the floor, cozily messed up quilt on the bed, and felt leaves on the coffee table. They warmed up the room. I love the sunny morning in this time of the year. I just want to stay home being cozy. But, you know everyone has to work...so here I go. I made this felt leaf wreath three years ago. It brought a sense of autumn every year to us on our door at our old apartment, but it was sitting in the box since we moved to this new place. So I am repurposing it as Dash's Halloween costume. So I have those felt leaves...I found a strip of brown felt...Hm, what can he be? A tree! It hit me. while he doesn't know what he will be forced to be, he is very good at cooperating with fitting sessions. I can tell he will be a very cute tree.

repurposing is a good thing...
the first thing our silly dog does after greeting us in the morning is to get all his toys off the shelf...
and my job before leaving for work is to put them back on the shelf...
yes, mr.monkey senior lost his legs and arms after being loved so much...
and there was one more victim, mr. ducky jr. (not photographed)...i thought it would be too graphic for younger readers as he was beheaded...
an extra quilt is a must on a chilly night...and yes, i finished my duvet cover...
brr, this dog appreciates how cozy it is to curl up in a handmade quilt too...
the felt wreath i made and blogged back in 2007...
(my old old blog gone as i switched the site a couple of times)
look! i even had a class for it...
little noel was so happy finishing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment