Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sew & Tell - Elizabeth's Dress and Dollie

During the holiday season in December, I received a phone call from Massachusetts. The man on the phone wanted to purchase a gift certificate over the phone for someone living in San Francisco. I asked him if he wanted me to send it to the person. We talked about it, then he told me that he saw his daughter-in-law and granddaughter on my blog. I said, "who?" "Elizabeth and Cora!" It took me a second to match the names with my memory. "Elizabeth and Cora!" We both were talking excitedly. He had no idea they were on my blog. Somehow he found my blog and was brousing it. I have no idea how he ended up on my blog. I don't believe he sews. What was he doing on a sewing blog anyway? :-) He told me he was in an advertising business for years and gave me a lot of praise for my blog for how nice it looks. I politely thanked him :-) Anyways, it struck him when he saw his family. So the happy encounter in ciber space helped him decide on what to give his daughter-in-law for Christmas. What a funny story, isn't it? Instead of having sent to Elizabeth, the gift stayed at Peapod's desk drawer until the other day. And she found out that when she opened the Christmas card saying a gift certificate was waiting for her at Peapod. She stopped by the other day with Cora and her older child, Cory. In this photo Cora is wearing a dress that I saw on her iPhone here and holding a Black Apple Doll in a matching outfit. How cute! Great job and thank you, Elizabeth, Cora and Cory! And thank you for the purchase, Tom! She enjoyed it!

Cory was a bit shy when I asked him if he wanted to be in the photo to say hi to grandpa...
So here is hi and love from your family on the West Coast...Hi Grandpa Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment