Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Portfolio Tunic

My Portfolio Tunic is done! I first made a blouse (view c) from the same pattern in size 8, but I felt it was a bit tight on my shoulders so I made the tunic in size 10. It is fine on my body, but it still requires a bit of care with fear of ripping the seams when I remove it. I guess I have broader shoulders than I look. I am already thinking about making another one, but am not sure if I should make it in size 12 or not.

I also made a scarf using fine cotton lawn.  Have you tried cotton lawn?  It is a wonderful material for garments.  It is silky soft on your skin and drapes perfectly.  There aren't many at Peapod, but they are all 25 % off.  A good deal!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks very nice together! In being dazzled by all the wonderful prints in your shop, I keep reminding myself what a nice wearable backdrop a solid makes in a color and style I like. Little accents like the scarf add so much, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful outfit! Love that tunic, and the scarf is so striking with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete