Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacationing at Home

Today was the last day of my vacation. No, I didn't go anywhere. Just hanging out at home. The best place to relax. I don't get to do those simple things that you folks do on weekends without worrying that I would be late for work. Going to a farmers market, barbecuing , sweeping the front porch, and even cooking. And finally the sun burned the fog out of the city. Hooray! But it came with the heat. So much heat. No, I'm not complaining. Instead, I am totally enjoying it.

$1 for a bunch of basil ! cherry and pearl tomatoes $1 a pound at the farmers market...

cooking for dinner at 9am...seafood casserole...
totally a wrong menu for the scorching day...

a clove of garlic from gilroy (left)...compared to the regular size clove...

drying doggy bedding...yes, a boy can sleep in a pink blanket...

meeting a new friend, nero, at the barbecue...

enjoying the mellow morning sun...he's never laid down on the hard wood or kitchen floor...

the second day of the heat was just too much for this little guy who was super bored, but refused to go anywhere in the sun. i set up a little "vacation" table at the front porch where was the coolest place around the house. stealing my flip flop to chew, he was one happy dog. and so was his owner :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment