Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sew & Tell - Cherie's Wall Decals

Well, somebody will be living in the forest pretty soon. Cherie and her partner are so ready to welcome a baby girl. They created this cool nursery with fabric decals. Fabric decals? You may have heard of vinyl decals, but Cherie made them with fabric. Here is the link where she got the instructions from. Cherie divided the original amount of the starch mixture by four, so she mixed 3 teaspoons of corn starch and 6 teaspoons of cold water, then added 1 cup of hot water. This was more than enough to do her entire tree. Like she said, the fabric decals have a much more natural and warmer look than paint or vinyl pieces. They come off easily with no damage to the walls. Perfect for the renters. Isn't it great? I would like to try it. Anyways, I love their nursery. Deer, a squirrel, birds, gnome...am I in the story of Snow White? Soooo cute! The baby will be one lucky princess for sure. Thank you, Cherie for sharing!




love the quilt too!

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that you posted this! Thanks so much, I feel honored to make it onto your blog! How is Dash? I just read about your big move. Such exciting news! Did you already announce your new location? Please let us know as soon as possible. I want to check it out when it's ready and I'll bring our baby. She's already six months old! Good luck with everything. - Cherie

    ReplyDelete