Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Boy's Room in History

So now you know what the boy's room looks like.  Then when I was searching for some photos in my gigantic files, I found these photos of his room in our old apartment which I posted on my old old blog which no longer exists.  It was decorated totally in my taste for a kid's room, light, airy, vintagey, flea markety, handmade, and old school...
I covered a bulletin board with flax color linen and I reupholstered the chair with red gingham...
Patchworked windmill pillow now resides at the shop...
His self-portrait from 3rd grade is pretty good...
I made and changed his bedding a lot back then, and still do.  Both the duvet cover and the pillow cases were made by me.  Mr.Teddy was one of the baby shower gifts...
Elmo was his best buddy back then...
Peapod used to carry more linen back then.  I made this curtain with my baby blue linen...
The boy was in a stage when sewing was fun to do.  He designed and made this space ship pillow...
In 4th grade, he took guitar lessons...
Among soccer, space stuff, and animals, he still keeps his interest in animals to this day...still volunteering at SF zoo...
I briefly followed Feng Shui, and read that plants in kids' rooms was a good thing.  I don't even know if that is an accurate Feng Shui thought or not...
My positive quilt #1 with a matching pillow case...
His display shelves were fun to change by the season and occasions...
After nature walks, we always brought something home...
He brought back all the feathers from his first trip alone down to Los Angeles, the zoo camp at his aunt's work.  Then I made a garland with them...
His room was often used for photo shoots for my sewing work.  No, I didn't make these...
A classic red gingham dress...
A Little Red Riding hood print camisole.  This popular print was available way before those Japanese Little Red Riding Hood prints came out...
A green linen with rose embroidered dress/top...
A blue polka dot camisole...I made this for my friend's baby girl...
Most of the projects were for a little girl, but this famous goldfish in bags print shirt was one of the rare clothes I made for the boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment