Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sew & Tell

By day Sue is an IT company employee, but she is a skirt maker by night, and this is one of her skirts she made at night.  It looks like a regular knee-length A-line skirt, but lots of efforts and love went into it.  Besides the cat silhouette applique, it has a band on the waist and the hem, and is fully lined.  Her choices of fabrics are a true reflection of herself.  Always so fun that her co-workers come to her cubicle to check what she is wearing every morning.   
Besides the cat, she has dog and bird silhouette versions... Anyone want to order? 
Newly addicted to sewing, Emily has been very busy this holiday season.  She has lots to sew for her friends' girls.  Not to mention her own little girl.  These two are her version of To Tie For dresses.  I have seen several different To Tie For dresses and I love seeing everyone's different creations.  I have never seen anyone make it exactly like the original pattern.  Emily didn't follow it either.  Shhhhh, don't tell the author, but I think Emily's dresses are much cuter than the original.Here, I love that she put the brown pom pom on the hem.
I've mentioned this before, but this is one of the easiest patterns that we carry.
Okay, this is not Greg himself and I copied this photo from this place.  I just wanted to share with you how well Greg's tie was reviewed by this man who is modeling himself in this photo.  Obviously I don't web surf for menswear, but this was fun to read.  I love how this man talks about the details on Greg's tie.  Yes, those details matter to some folks like him and myself.  And Greg knows what true craftsmanship is. 
Thank you, everyone!  Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment