Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday


The morning fog burned off and the sky was blue today, which is a big deal for the SF residents on the west side.  For about three weeks, we didn't see the sun.  I was reaching my breaking point...
So I changed my plan and after running some errands, Dash and I spent all day outside in the yard...
With some snacks, both for me and him.  See what he is staring at? 
No, he is not drunk.  I was.  No, I'm just kidding...
There is nothing better than taking a nap on the grass...
What? 
Chips right out of the oven. Cut corn tortillas in triangles, coat with some canola oil, and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes... 
The boy's after school snack is ready... 
Now, time for dinner prep...brown all sides of the marinated meat and finish it in the oven with some veggies.  For this marinade, I mixed it with some soy sauce, honey, red wine, fresh lime and orange juice, pressed garlic, and crushed red peppers...
Okay, now let the oven do the job.  Roast for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, take out the meat, cover it with tin foil and let it rest.  Continue roasting the veggies until done...
Yum, the meat was juicy and perfectly cooked.  I did a good job today :-)  Hope you had a good day too...

No comments:

Post a Comment