Friday, October 14, 2011

The Lounge Corner

This corner will be a part of our lounge area during Wine & Needles. Are you ladies okay with sitting on the floor? There will be some chairs and the bench area, but since I don't know how many people would show up, I don't think everyone will be sitting on a chair. We will figure it out as the day gets closer. And to answer some questions you may have, you don't have to bring your sewing machine as I am planning to set up a few of mine for you to use. The materials you will need depend on what you want to make. If you want to make a fabric pear or pumpkin, you need fabric (this could be print cotton, your old sweater, or felt) and some stuffing. Well, Peapod carries all these if you don't have them at home. The tools you need to bring include a hand needle, thread, and scissors. Or just bring your own sewing box. As the invitation says, you don't have to work on the assigned project. Bring whatever you've been working on. Something you hand stitch will be a good project. I also want to clarify the invitation a bit. I've been asked in the past if I will offer mother-and-daughter sewing classes. You know, I have offered mother-and-daughter sewing classes in the past. Well, since I no longer offer any classes, I thought this would be a good occasion for a mother and daughter pair to sew together. So what I meant was for you to bring your kid(s) if they want to learn to sew with us. So please no toddlers. There will be everyone's tools everywhere, and this won't be a relaxing evening for everyone if any kids get hurt. And oh yes, I finished my second Gum Drop Pillow.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute! But I realized that I can't come because Hideko is working and I have Yuki that night. :( Zannen! Next time!

    ReplyDelete