Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy belated Mole Day

So yesterday was no ordinary Sunday. It was Mole Day! Did you know there was such a day? I didn't. Apparently it is a big day among chemists around the United States. So my son's chemisty teacher assigned the class to make a mole. As the teacher provided only a pattern with no instructions, the students had to be as creative as possible. My son had no idea what to do, but luckily his mom was crafty. I examined the pattern and gave him some instructions...and here it is. Super Mole had been born (yeah, it had to be named too). He chose the colors and did all the stitching. Super Mole was just a regular mole with a turquoise and orange body, but he decided to upgrade it with a Super Man cape. I think he did a superb job. It was due today and he told me that there were many great looking moles in the class. I saw a few pictures on Facebook where his classmates posted their moles. And indeed they were pretty creative. My favorite was a mole dressed in a Super Mario outfit and it was named Molio. Get it? My son jokingly suggested that we should make a mole in Wine & Needles :-)
ta da...

what is this, mama? my new toy?

dash observing it in a circle...

silence before the battle...

dash vs. super mole...

super mole was saved and joined the gang before the dog was about to shred it...

No comments:

Post a Comment