Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sew & Tell - Sara's Quilt

Among many other things, Sara is a modern quilter. I've seen her works in the past, and they are usually more geometric with solids. But, it is nice to see a change once in a while. On her new quilt, she used seven bundles of precut kits from the MOMO collection (the finished size is about a twin size). I've never thought about using a precut package to make a quilt. What if I don't like some prints in the package? I always thought. But, now that I think about it it's not a bad idea. The pieces are already cut. And colors and prints are already coordinated. What could be easier? Yeah, it's perfect if you are very new to quilting, or if you are...um...unwilling to spend that much time getting ready to sew. Hence lazy :-) Sara claimed herself latter :-) Thanks to the precut packages, she finished fast. It's colorful and whimsical. She is very happy with her choice of backing fabric, half linen and half cotton lime green. I love it too! It's really cute! Thanks always, Sara!

No comments:

Post a Comment