Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Craft Night

I know life can be crazy around this time of the year for everyone, and so is mine.  But, still you have to make time to get together for a craft night.  After all, we are die-hard crafters.  This is how we "sewcialize."  So, a good friend and neighbor, Mary invited us for a girls' craft night.  Simple dinner with her hearty mushroom and barley soup, salad, bread, and wine were perfect for nothing but a casual relaxing craft night.  Her home is always so warm and inviting and full of holiday spirit.  We had such a good time and came to an agreement that we should do this more often.  A good thing is that we are all on the same block :-)
I love soup, and I love love love Mary's soup.  I am getting the recipe, yes!  Mary, I'm waiting...
We brought our own craft for others to try.  Lena showed us how to make her ribbon ornament, and I brought wool roving. 
My pink heart in progress...
Lena, working on her ribbon ornament...
Everyone worked on this toadstool needle book that Mary shared.  I finished it at home yesterday, yay!  I realized I never owned a needle book.  Now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment