Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cabinet Makeover

So I found this cabinet on Craigs List during the summer for my entryway to hide the "stuff." It's perfect to hold the dog walking stuff like plastic bags and gloves, and small stuff like extra keys. And also it's perfect to put those shoes away. I went to pick it up down the Peninsula, and it had been sitting in the front porch ever since. The makeover progress was very slow as I was manually sanding it on my day offs for the past few months. But, one warm Monday in early fall I finally finished it. I had a few different shades of black paint left over and I planned to paint it in classic black that I chose for my night stand a while back, but I realized it was the wrong color after a couple of drawers were painted. I kept painting the pieces knowing it wasn't the color I wanted for this cabinet. But, in the end I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

the yellow fabric in the frame is just temporary and i am currenly working on something for the wall...

before...

i was originally going to replace the hardware too, but i like the way this antique brass looks against this black...

No comments:

Post a Comment