Sunday, March 2, 2014

My February Cure

Oops, this blog is becoming monthly.  I didn't mean it, but I was super busy with my February Cure.  I decided to follow Apartment Therapy's January Cure a month later, mainly the assignment on Day 7 which is to clean and organize the kitchen.  I scrubbed all surfaces, the cabinet, stove top and oven, refrigerator, inside and out, and other small appliances which reside on the counter space.  I cleaned the pantry, tossed the stuff I didn't touch for years, and reorganized cabinets and drawers. I still have to do some more, but all grime is gone and everything is shiny again. The kitchen feels light and airy. Oh, it feels gooood!
I try to keep flowers on the dinning table whenever I can...
Ah, an organized pantry...
I removed containers with missing or broken lids, and then there was more space, and they all fit in!  How come I didn't do this sooner?
Removed containers were repurposed as a drawer organizer...
A pan before...
A pan after...I used a magic cleaner sponge.  It's really magic!
I received a pressure cooker for Christmas, and I am loving it!  It makes chicken stock in less than an hour!  Thank you, grandpa and grandma!
Just roasting almonds...
Homemade granola from this book...
Granola in a jar...
Just another breakfast table...
It's fun to watch plants grow...
They got a new home, yay!
Teatime after cleaning...
And this dog...

2 comments:

  1. I love this post :)

    You inspire me, I reeeeally should scrub my kitchen too... I'm sure it does feel really good when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, you should try it too. it's a good way to release your stress :-)

      Delete